Sunday, July 10, 2011

SPEAK TO ME Part II : Watch Night

WATCH NIGHT

I was a senior in high school and my sweetheart got me to go to a Watch Night service at somebody’s house.  I had never been to a service in someone’s house.  You know one of those startup churches.  We rolled up to this house deep in the hood  and parked in the dirt yard under some old trees.  The house was a small one story I believe. I remember thinking this is not gonna be a good experience and that I probably should have gone to our regular church.  I proceeded to fuss at myself in my mind asking " How in the world did you let him talk you into this?!"  

I don’t remember much about the service other than it was led by a guy who was supposed to be a prophet.   I remember thinking Im going to ask him if we  (me and my sweetheart) were going to be together.  Crazy..  like I was going to see a gypsy in a tent or shaking an eight ball or rubbing a magical lantern.    That was my focus because I LOVED that guy.    

I don’t remember whether or not we went to the prophet one by one or what.  There I stood while he prayed and held my hand.  He looked at me and told me that in my future I was going to do something with animals.   I knew at that time that I had an affinity to animals. Darn it I wanted to know if I was going to marry my boyfriend !!  This man standing here was supposed to be a prophet but he is telling me something about some animals?? He didn’t even tell me of my career choice or nothing!!  I have always been kind of outgoing so I told my boyfriend that I was going to ask him.   I think they had some light refreshments in the kitchen.  Well I pounced on the prophet and asked him “Did you see anything about us?”  He replied “ No,  I just saw you with a lot of animals around you. You were doing something with the animals” The guy seems to be thinking hard too. All he kept saying "You were with alot of animals." I thought the guy was a fake just because he unable to tell me what I wanted and held service in someone ‘s house.  
 Believe it or not so many years have passed and I just remembered this prophecy about 3 years ago.  I had to laugh because the prophecy was sooo true.  I believe whole heartedly that God sometimes will reveal stuff to you out of the blue, when you are not seeking it at all.    It shows yet again that God knows ALL and reveals it to us in HIS time.  It also shows among other things why we should not judge based on appearances too.  
No my relationship with my boyfriend did not last.  Maybe that is why the prophet didn’t see him in the vision.  When I remembered this prophecy, I was walking across a pasture happy as I could be with the sun shinning down and you guessed it..  horses  about  5 of them.   I have been working closely with horses for the last 8yrs at least.  I have managed a barn for about 5yrs of those years, caring for horses, cats, and dogs.  Maybe that vision was given to the prophet because working with the animals was going to be one of the most rewarding experiences in my life.  I have always thanked God for their presence in my life. Learning to ride was such a tremendous gift. I will have to do a post about riding but I dont think I will be able to do it justice.  Maybe God reminded me of this prophecy to say “See I told you of all of this along time ago but you dismissed it!!”  


I bet that prophet didn’t know what to think , seeing ME standing in the middle of a pasture surrounded by horses with a cat in one hand and the dogs trailing behind.   Yep ME ….Cre from the hood …  Who but God knew???  That really cracks me up everytime I think about it.  AMAZING!!  I am just THANKFUL!!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

It shows yet again that God knows ALL and reveals it to us in HIS time.<----TRUTH!

CowgirlCre said...

Yep!! Even some 30 years later. Still cracks me up!! I still bet that prophet was thinking "What the heck is this black chick doing with all those animals?" LOL!!