Friday, July 8, 2011

SPEAK TO ME Part I : The Voice

Everyone says at one time or another  “Lord just speak to me…”.  Well I remember some of my first times it happened. This is the first in a series.
THE VOICE

I was a junior or senior in high school and I had a boyfriend. We used to go to church together with his family. I remember sitting in church listening to the sermon. The church had these huge windows in which the sunlight would just stream through.  Sitting on that pew, I heard a voice speaking to me.  It was crazy because the voice sounded like mine!!  It said “Clean your room for it is symbolic of your life. Do these things and your life will be put in order”.  I thought “What the heck?!!” 

 
I sat there looking around and over my shoulder to see if anyone else had heard the voice too.  I knew it was not something I would say. I was in a daze and I had to think about this because I had a lot of questions.  Like why did the voice sound like mine?   You see I was going through the beyond junky room phase.  My room used to have clothes stacked everywhere.  My parents were occasionally more than tolerant of this because I was an excellent student athlete.   That was the occasional slack they would cut me.  I ofcourse was scared out of my mind and had to think on this because I couldn’t believe it.  In the end I cleaned my room and some things were resolved in my life. 

3 comments:

CowgirlCre said...

Adrienne - Yep. I think if I had been closer to the back of the church I might have dipped!! LOL!! I didnt know what to do.

Tazzee said...

OK - so now that I can post. My most vivid 'speak to me' moment was at church. I've always been a faithful tither - I learned while in college and been tithing ever since. Well this day I was about to give my offering and did my standard "Lord please accept this offering" prayer and I heard "I don't need your money, I need your heart" It was so clear!!! I was immediately humbled and honored at the same time.

CowgirlCre said...

Tazzee WOW!! Well at least you were wise enough not to be scared or think you were crazy!! These are moments that we will never forget bc they are PRICELESS.